Wednesday, November 29, 2006

He's hooked up!


This morning Chase started on an insulin pump!!! He will wear it for 3 days and if we have success we will start the process of getting him one of his own (this one only has saline in it to see if he'll tolerate it).

When we were leaving the house this morning I told him that we were going to see Maysil (his diabetes education coordinator). His reply was, "No thanks." He definitely knows who Maysil is!

I wasn't sure that we were going to have success getting the tubing attached. It broke my heart to hear him cry as we prepared to insert the needle. But, once it was done, he stopped crying (I think the anticipation was more painful) and he has since been very proud of his pump. Maysil took him down the hall to get a treat and she said that we was walking sideways to show the pump off to those that walked by. Also, at lunch I entered his numbers into the machine and he told me to leave his insulin pump alone. So far, so good.

No comments: