Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Grandma turns 60!


Chase has been getting extra Grandma and Grandpa time lately. We decided that Grandma only turns 60 once, so we hit the road once again and helped my mom ring in a new decade. My folks invited about 40 of my mom's closest friends and co-workers. I knew the turn out would be great because I know what a great lady she is and how well liked she is by others. I also know that I have the best mom in the world. And I'd beat you up if you said otherwise, but my mom taught me not to fight.

She once told me that a mom's job is not to be your best friend, it's to be your mom. I think that's the best parenting advice I've ever received. Although...when I get after Chase for doing something wrong, I usually hear, "Be nice to my Chase!".

Thanks for being a "mom" to me, Mom. And a "grandma" to Chase. Happy Birthday 60th!!!

No comments: