Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A laborious Labor Day

It has been a crazy, busy last few weeks. We've been busy building our lawn shed. Gary took off a few days to get it started while I put in a few extra hours at work to help pay for it. My folks came on Thursday and stayed for 4 consecutive nights - a record for my dad who usually has "projects" to get home to. I'm not sure if he stayed until the plywood was put up on the shed or if it was the little boy that told us that he only loved Boppa (that kissing up earned him a new John Deere tractor with a trailer by-the-way)! And, 99 year old Great-grandpa Art even joined the crew and made a few cuts here and there! Amazing man.


August also marks the beginning of a lot of family & friend's birthday celebrations. So much so that I'm usually sick of cake by the end of September.

August includes sis-in-law Cheri on Aug 21, Gary on the 29th, & mom-in-law Connie on the 31st.

Grandma Connie and Chase on her birthday last Thursday

The month of September includes roughly 99% of our family and friends birthday's - Nephew Connor on 6th, Chase's buddies Brett on the 8th and Bailey on the 15th, bro-in-law John on the 16th, my dad on the 21st, sis-in-law Michele on the 25th, my mom on the 29th, and even #33 for myself on the 13th (no cake please!).

Chase's friend Bailey spent a 1/2 a day with us last week. She will be turning 3 & is quiet a little character (I'm guessing it comes from her mom's side). I've enjoyed watching Bailey grow and hearing her mom Karla's stories about her while at work. Karla & Bailey were our first visitors in the hospital when Chase was born and they were also our first visitors in the hospital when Chase was diagnosed. Good friends to say the least. We're hoping to hook these two up for the prom. They've come a long way from their very first meeting!

No comments: