Monday, June 04, 2007

Out of Dodge

We have begun the first lag of our summer vacation! We are stopping off in Devils Lake since my sister and her kids will be arriving here from Iowa soon. Oh, and Chase says something (repeatedly) about going on Boppa's boat, too.

It was a beautiful drive last night. Gary and I couldn't recall when it ever looked so green due to years of drought conditions in the state. My favorite part of the drive, though, was playing the song, "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover" for Chase. He likes to say, "Hop on the bus, Gus" (he's picking up a lot of my figures of speech lately which is both good and bad...today he told me "No way, Jose"...I hate when my words come back to bite me!). Anyway, we had a family sing along and it was fun to see him smile and laugh.

We will be heading to Canada on Wednesday to camp and just relax. Hopefully, we'll have lots of photos to post!

No comments: