Saturday, December 09, 2006

5 states down, only 45 to go!

Chase and I just completed Chase's longest car ride. We are visiting my sister and her family in Iowa. We left early Friday morning with my folks and stopped briefly in Minneapolis to visit with my brother.

Chase is in heaven having my 11 year old niece, Brianna, to dote on him. We decided to tag along with my parents since my sister won't be coming home for Christmas. To me, not seeing Ben and Brianna at Christmas just isn't Christmas. We will celebrate an early Christmas with them tomorrow and head back home on Wednesday.

I haven't been to Iowa for about 6 years. It's nice to be able to spend this quality time with my family. And I'm lucky to have a husband that gave me a green light to go! But I'm also guessing that Gary is enjoying his time alone at home to play guitar and piano without a 3 year old to tell him not to!

No comments: