Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bram


Yesterday we attended the funeral of Gary's cousin, Bram. He was 33 years old.
I met Bram only once and that was at my wedding back in '02. After hearing what type of person he was, I wish I had known him much better. He seemed like quiet the character. His dad, Conrad (Gary's uncle), gave the eulogy. I don't know where he found the strength, but he did an awesome job. One of the many funny stories he told about Bram was of how he found the following quote on Bram's MySpace web page:
"I like live theatre. I have been surrounded by theatre and the arts throughout my life. My father is an instructor of theatre and semantics and my mother is an artist. I have always been encouraged to be creative. I guess my parents wanted me to be poor."
Conrad, Karen, Aili, and Kena, you are in my thoughts.
Bram's obituary: click here

No comments: