Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oil changes

Regression has set in.


During a haircut yesterday my hairdresser asked me if we knew what we were expecting. I told her that we were expecting a girl in July. She commented that it will be a whole new experience for us after having raised a boy. She said that she was one of three girls in her family and her dad never did any "boy things" with them. She just recently went fishing and four-wheeling with her boyfriend for the first time. I kind of felt sorry for her.

Flash back to the time when my dad taught me how to change the oil on our pick-up. He never treated me like a "girl". He pretty much had our butts outside helping him out no matter what. My parents were great about not letting our gender get in the way of who we were.

Now, fast forward to 2007. Did you know that you can go to Jiffy Lube, get your oil changed in under 20 minutes, drink free coffee, read People magazine while watching the Today Show, AND not get your back or hands dirty? Sorry, Dad.

No comments: