Monday, April 16, 2007

It was a "dandy" time ol' time

My grandpa uses the word dandy to describe a lot of things. Like, "That was a dandy lunch." Or, "That was a dandy museum." Well, I can describe his 100th birthday as very dandy!

I don't have a lot of pictures of the event because we were busy feeding and visiting with the 200 guests that showed up to help him celebrate. As I drove back home through Esmond today I wondered if the town was empty on Saturday afternoon. It was an amazing turn out and we made a lot of the Norwegians happy with the krumkakke, sandbakkels, and rossettes that went along with the coffee.

Little Viking / Big Viking

Happy birthday Grandpa Art. You're an amazing and wonderful man!

My family - Grandpa Art, my dad and brother, me (looking like I'm carrying twins), my sister and my mom.

No comments: