Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Brenden Family


My dear friend, Owen, recently lost his wife, Norma, unexpectedly. She was a very sweet and kind person and my heart breaks for the Brenden family.

Owen was my boss at FEMA - yikes - 10 years ago. He is, by far, one of the hardest working people I have ever met. Since he was retired from the Air Force I asked him why he worked for an organization that took him away from his family every week (he went home to Minot on the weekends - if he was lucky enough to get away). His answer was that his family may not spend quantity time together, but when they were together it was quality time. The stories and photos he brought back from his many trips with his family were proof that the time they had together was quality time.

His dedication to his wife and family have always been an inspiration to me. I know that their strong faith and love for one another will get them through this tough time. www.caringbridge.org/visit/normabrenden

No comments: