Thursday, February 22, 2007

Boom Boom Song (AKA - Solsbury Hill)

The song above is one of Chase's favorite songs. You can click on the picture above to watch a live performance by the artist Peter Gabriel. Chase loves to put it in our CD player and sing along to the lyrics. He calls it the Boom Boom song due to the refrain, "My heart going boom, boom, boom..."

It is great to know that he really likes the song because this was one of Gary and my favorite songs before Chase was born. And those that know us well, know that we put this song on a CD we created to take with us to the hospital when he was born. The CD compilation was called the "Cleatus Collection" since we called him Cleatus the Fetus. We're strange, I know.

I also think of this song when we brought Chase home for the first time. I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital and to our new life as a family. The line, "Grab your things I've come to take you home" reminds me of holding him in our kitchen and sobbing because he was finally home. Yes, I was highly hormonal at the time. I don't think I've been the same since!

Enjoy. It's a great song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great vid! This song has meaning for us, too. When Dylan was a baby, our lives were turned upside down because, as you know, he was the baby from hell. Things that had previously been a huge part of our daily lives were not for many months, like music. I remember vividly the night that I finally felt like myself again. I put on this song and danced around the living room. Not to quiet his screaming or get him to sleep, but for myself, which hadn't happened since he was born. It was a moment similar to the one you describe, very emotional for me, and obviously a big deal because I still feel connected to the memory of how it felt to be myself again. Finally.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and another thing: Dylan, too, loved this song when he was little. He called it "Eagle flew out of the night."

Sorry for crowding up your comments, but you've struck a chord. (Pun intended)

The Chasing Mom said...

I'm glad this song has a strong meaning for you, too. I'm sure Peter Gabriel would be surprised how his song has such meaning to two ND moms.