Monday, August 21, 2006

Please, Sir. May I have some more?


I have trouble getting Chase to eat one serving of food, so you can imagine my surprise when he asked for 3 helpings of fettucine Alfredo. The recipe below comes from "America's Best Cookbook for Kids with Diabetes" which I received from my sister-in-law, Michele, for Christmas. Chase would sustain life off of just ice cream (if I let him) so, I figured this recipe must be worth sharing!

If you're looking for something yummy to make tonight, give this one a try:

1 pkg (12 oz) fettucine
1/2 C 1% cottage cheese
1/2 C 1% milk
1/3 C Parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
4 tsp butter

In a large saucepan of boiling water cook pasta according to package instructions (until tender to the bite). Drain and return to saucepan.

In a food processor or blender, process cottage cheese, milk, Parmesan, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy.

Over low heat, toss pasta with butter until melted. Stir in cottage cheese mixture, tossing gently until pasta is coated and hot.

Enjoy!

No comments: