Sunday, January 04, 2009

From the mouth of babes - 2008

Last year, I chose my favorite "From the mouth of Chase" story. This year's Chasism came in just last month.

I woke one morning to find that Gary had Chase in the shower. He'd been battling high blood sugars the day before and it was inevitable that he would wet the bed (it's the body's natural response to rid the body of excess sugar by urinating). I went into the bathroom and asked Chase if he wet his bed. He said yes. Me, being me, (and knowing that he'd have a quick witted response) asked, "Why'd you do that?" Chase's response: "Just be glad I didn't poop."

"Good point," was all I could muster.

Boy I love that kid.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Love this magical photo.

The Chasing Mom said...

Thanks. It will be the last photo I have of Chase in footed pajamas. You'd think that they gave him a rash from how quickly he took them off after I shot the picture.