Monday, April 14, 2008

101

Grandpa Art celebrated his 101st birthday yesterday. I feel a little guilty having missed it, but we did get to see him the prior weekend. He's a pretty amazing guy. Happy 101, Grandpa!

In other news, on Saturday I took part in the Great American Bike race. I ended up raising $235 to help families buy adaptive equipment for their children with cerebral palsy. My team had so much fun that we are already planning what we will do next year! Hopefully, my butt will have recovered by then. Funny how just 25 minutes on a stationary bike can equate to three Tylenol later. I don't normally like to post pictures of myself, especially if I'm all sweaty and red faced, but this is proof for my friend Jackson that I didn't use his $20 donation to go and buy coffee. (Starbucks had a booth with free coffee, henceforth, I'll be doing this again next year.)




On Sunday we took time to appreciate the unseasonably nice weather. Here is Leah in the sandbox for the very first time. Chase was concerned that she'd eat the sand, but I told him that my mom let me eat dirt and she says that is why I'm taller than my sister and her. Since somebody asked recently if Leah was 6 months (she'll be 9 on the 16th), I figure she should eat a handful.


We also took part in our diabetes support group on Sunday. The group meets twice a year and it has been great for Chase to be around other kids that wear insulin pumps. He was still talking about the kids today. Below is Maysil, his diabetes nurse, who just recently retired, but luckily for us, is still taking part in the group.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice stories -- all of them. G'ma