Sunday, October 22, 2006

Meet George Jetson

Talking to Grandma and Boppa Online

For over a year now we've been communicating with my folks via webcam. Having grown up watching the Jetsons, this technology makes me down right giddy. Gary and I even joked that we should have named our boy AlRoy (a combination of Al - Gary's dad, and LeRoy - my dad). Luckily for Chase, we realized that too late and he got the middle name of Garrison instead - which comes from him being "Gary's Son".

When I'm at the computer Chase will ask me if Grandma or Boppa are online. I check for him, and if they are, we give them a buzz. He plops down on the desk and begins to tell them all about his day.

Webcams - $15.99 each at OfficeMax

Replacement microphone because Chase kept putting the first one in his mouth - $9.99 at Staples

Staying in contact with those you love - priceless

No comments: