Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How to conquer your fear of needles



Insanely large glucose sensor needle (needle comes out leaving in a long strip of microchips to read blood glucose) replaced every 6 days. (Chase gets and extra hour of Wii time for sensor changes.) Infusion site needle (where the insulin comes out of from the pump - this one stays in) replaced every 2-3 days. All placed on the only fatty real estate the kid has on his body - his tushie.


Yesterday I thought of Chase when I had to get my flu shot. I usually wimp out and get the mist, but this year I had to get the shot. He's my hero when it comes to needles coming anywhere near me. If he can do it a couple times a week, I can handle a yearly shot. He's also considerate - he told me to do his sensor needle before his grandma came to our house because it gives her the "hebbie jebbies".

No comments: