Sunday, November 11, 2007

Single parenting

I'm a single parent this week. Gary flew out to Reno this afternoon to attend an "International Association of Emergency Managers" conference. Last year, his conference was in Orlando and Chase and I joined him. This year we're saving our frequent flier miles (I'll just say that I've been to Reno...enough said). Hopefully the conference will be in Hawaii next year. Or some where international. One can dream...

Chase has come down with a cold, so he's been sleeping much of the day. The poor kid even "looks sick". He has dark circles under his eyes and has a lot less spunk. Luckily, we all have tomorrow off to sleep in and relax. We may just have to take in the SpongeBob Squarepants marathon on Nickelodeon.

Last weekend, Chase's friend, Brett, joined us for supper. The boys had a lot of fun in Chase's Spiderman costumes (Chase is in the black one). This was the best photo I could get because that little guy Brett moves fast!


My folks also sent Chase a Darth Vader costume in the mail this week (Mom likes after Halloween sales). It was a huge hit - so much so that he slept in it and wore it to day care.


And Leah...I was finally able to lay her down in her crib. She really likes to be held, which is fine for about 5 minutes but, after that, 16 1/2 pounds gets mighty heavy.

Chase took this photo of her today. I think we were preparing for outfit change #2 of the day. One look into those blue eyes and a little poop here and there (some times it feels like everywhere) isn't so bad.


No comments: